School was cancelled for Ryan again, most cities around us were on a delay. But after getting on the road, cancelling was probably a good idea. Charlotte was home as AS was closed or conferences today. I realized I missed hers about two hours after I was supposed to be there. The snow days have thrown me off! So Charlotte is home again tomorrow (Friday) and Fairborn is already on a 2 hour delay. Since we are supposed to get another 2 inches tonight, I reckon it'll be closed again. All of which is wreaking havoc with my homework!! Luckily, this seems to be a lightweight class!
Anyway. Sledding. Pictures sent to most of you will show our sled trip yesterday. Let me say that it,or the weather, or my impending cold totally kicked my butt yesterday. Greg and I were exhausted by 8pm. We held out til 10 because we're grown-ups and not supposed to be in bed at 8:30.
Today Rebecca, (Tahlia and Evelyn's mom) invited us over for lunch and sledding. Some cool things came out of this. One is I have to take Ryan to Mad River Mountain. Evelyn showed him her skies and very graciously told him all about them. He soaked it all up. She also let him try them out, but his feet were too big for the boots. He really wants to try skiing. I've never been. So I'll shoot for a trip in late Feb--any takers? The second thing was the hill at Gant park in Yellow Springs--totally perfect for sledding!!! Wright Brothers has the hill --and lots of trees. Gant has a slightly smaller hill--but NO trees! We rocketed down the hill! Charlotte's tolerance of sledding was characteristically low. She does not like snow in her face, so she usually rode behind me. But man, we flew!
On the funny side. Rebecca tried to set her stove on fire. She turned on the wrong burner and cooked her wooden cutting board--we wondered why we smelled smoke. Her husband Frank shook his head and nicely took the cutting board downstairs and threw it in the fireplace. Also, Rebecca's car was completely iced over, and then we found out her battery was dead. I gave her a jump (she didn't have cables). She was very happy I was there. I felt quite handy--until I backed over her lightpost. She was very cool about it and we bent it back upright. Maybe Frank won't notice??
All in all, a great day. The snow is here to stay for a bit. It won't get above freezing until Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment