Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ahh, isn't it cute. It must die.

Today, Charlotte adopted a ladybug. She found it while she and Ryan were playing with trains. I vaguely remember Charlotte saying: "The ladybug needs food." It was a simple statement as she walked past me in the hallway. A few minutes later I found her outside with her snow boots on and a snow shovel, the garage door halfway open: "The ladybug needs a leaf." Okay...
I help her find a dried up leaf, the only kind we have after two inches of snow. She takes it upstairs and all is well. She comes back down, and the ladybug has started walking across Charlotte's hands and arms. Charlotte is fascinated by the whole experience. I have to call Grandma Jo and share the Cute-Moment(TM).
Fast forward a scant five minutes. From the basement, I can hear the Screech Of Horror(TM) and the stomping of panicked feet. She comes running down as I come running up. Her first explanation of the horror that was the ladybug was indecipherable, but eventually we discover that ladybugs can fly.
-as told by Greg

No comments: