Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday

Cold, cold, cold. Pretty much if a body part isn't covered, it goes numb. It's that cold. I have started parking at ACE hardware for Ryan's pickup and drop off because I hate the idea of sitting in an idling car FOREVER. So Charlotte has been traipsing back and forth in her snow suit. I went without a hat yesterday..not smart. Ryan is making noises about wanting to ride the bus agan. We'll see. We are hoping to put Charlotte in full days in the nursery, if that happens, he'll have to ride the bus for sheer logistics--unless Charlotte stays over a few minutes... Anyway. Greg has a plague--probably the same one I had last week. Lots of being tired, cramping and the runs. I had it for four days. Amazingly I didn't lose any weight--damn it.
The Antioch School has had a resident artist this week, a harpist. All of the classes have had lessons. The nursery went for 30 minutes for two days. The adult sized harp is standing majestically in the art and science room while the little harps are gathered around it. Way cool. Charlotte took her sled to school today "To pull Marin around on it" she said. There is just enough snow to make it work. the kids still go out. Some are on roller blades-even in the snow and some continue on the trikes. Ryan has had indoor recess for the last month or so--they stay in the room and do quiet stuff. Time to throw kids in the tub. Greg is zonked out, so I get bath, bed and book duty tonight. Dinner was fun. It was just the three of us in the kitchen and we had some fun conversations. Charlotte discovered she likes Cuban style black beans--Ryan doesn't.

No comments: