Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Where I want to be

A friend sent me an email that had 6 questions--one of those informative, things you didn't know about me kind of questions. I started doing it for kicks, then stopped. One question was what 4 places would you rather be. Since I would ruin the fun, I opted to stop. Because I don't want to be anywhere--at least on a map. I don't want to be at the beach, or the Bahamas. I want to be a stay at home mom. I want to be debt free-ish. I want to be satisfied with my life and not constantly striving to make it better for tomorrow. I don't want to look forward to something. I want to be happy exactly where I am now. I think in looking forward all the time, I am missing some of the cool now stuff. Folks at work are talking about losing weight, planning vacations, things they will do this year. And that's cool. I mind being heavy, but not as much if my hubby still wants to snuggle, I like the idea of going out of town--if it's to have a good visit with someone we care about, I'd be just as happy to stay here. School has started up and for the first time I am resenting it. I want to learn and I want to go where it will take me--more money, better school for the kids, off night shift that is really taking a toll on me. But good lord, it's getting hard. It's been 10 months of not watching the tv shows I want to watch, not quilting, not reading what I want to read, not scrapbooking. I question if it will be worth it. So I have a plan and I keep it in front of me. Greg knows about it and hopefully accepts it. I have been working since I was 15. 12 if you count babysitting. I'm tired.

No comments: