Ah, so far behind on the blog. Joined Facebook and I kill some webtime there when I need a break from schoolwork so I have been remiss in updating the blog! What's new.? No snow. 50 degree weather. Mud. Sleep deprivation. Oh, yeah, that's not new. Am in week 6 of 8 in my current class and all is well. Am looking forward to a break in April. Am tentatively planning a trip to North Carolina, however, Greg dropped a bomb last night that he may be going to New Mexico from April 10-24. Which would be do-able if I worked days! So we'll see what the word ends up being. I may have to scrap my much anticiptaed vacation plans and take time off while he is gone so the kids have someone in the house with them at night. He says he won't know for sure for a few more days.
Ryan's Pinewood Derby was last Sunday. I imagined a low key affair with a plywood track. Oh, was I wrong. There was a 4 lane incline, complete with starting boxes, lights and timers. There were four heats. There were basic sanded and painted cars and there were intricate rocket launcher looking cars. Ryan took 2nd in his troop, 23rd overall. Greg told me the differences in times were seconds. So I had a great time helping Ryan sand and paint the car. Greg cut it out and the finished construction complete with weights. We went to Michaels to get the right paint etc and since Ryan can read now, he has discovered rockets. And has noted they can fly over 700 feet up. Guess what we're doing this summer? His love of Legos continues. And he has a new fascination with the Titanic. Ships and pirates receive alot of attention too. Charlotte is building with the big blocks and the build your own clubhouse kit continues to be a favorite. She loves telling stories. She often arrives early enough at the AS to help Ann with copies, so she is quite comfortable in the office and now includes hugging MJ in her daily activities. She is so comfortable there and valued.
No comments:
Post a Comment