Wednesday, August 20, 2008

He's off!

Today is the day! Ryan is now at 9:10 (hopefully) in his classroom. Greg and I stayed up too late last night so I set my alarm, also knowing that on days that I need the kids to up on time, they invariably sleep in. Today was no different! The kids are usually up by 7:15--at the latest! Today I woke Ryan up at 7:45. The bus was scheduled to come at 8:25 but we were asked to be there a little early. Ryan was excited on our trip to the bus stop and luckily we weren't the only parents tagging along. The parents all knew each other but I went out of my way to say hello. There are several kids at his stop. I imagine we'll walk him until he asks us not to. He had his lunchbox and backpack. Hopefully someone will be able to help him open his applesauce and yogurt. I'll ask him when he gets home. I will be meeting the bus this afternoon--I can't wait to hear what he has to tell us! Charlotte is sad, on the walk back she started to cry, saying she missed her big brother. So we'll have some time for just us for the next few days.

No comments: