It's Saturday and Greg has taken the kiddos to the park for play and geocaching while I relax. I worked last night and am on for the weekend as well. School starts a week from Monday for me. Greg and I are catching up on DVDs we haven't seen. Vantage point was good as was Charlie Wilson's War. Skip Smart People. War was borderline okay, I just wanted to see Jet Li kick and Jason Stratham.
A few observations:
Charlotte as an only child-She has to be asked to do something about 5 times before she'll do it. I suspect this has always been the case but with her alone with me it is alot more noticeable--and frustrating.
Ryan already wants to walk to and from the bus stop by himself.
He likes buying lunch.
It's a long day with him gone.
He's hugging me more and is overall more affectionate.
Charlotte cannot wait for him to come home so they can play.
Yesterday he asked when wacky Wednesday was and I told him his school doesn't have that. He then related a wacky Wednesday at Antioch where Landon wore underwear around his neck and on his head. And also how he and Landon played together during one of our P/T conferences. It was all very clear in his mind and I think the first twinge of him missing the school. It was sweet to hear him talk about it. And a reminder that he does have a good memory, even when he doesn't talk about stuff.
No homework as yet from school.
He's happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment