Woke up sore, took my ibuprofen and put on the walking boot. By noon, I was out of the boot and while I am still a little stiff, I am able to ambulate pretty well. Spent the afternoon wondering why we haven't chopped all of our trees down yet--yes, I was gathering leaves into about 20 bags before it started to rain. Snow is predicted this weekend.
People often ask how I manage everything--kids, work, school, home--truth is, some things slide--mostly the house and some play time with the kids--which I hate. Being home for a full 4 days with a slightly sick kid to boot did out things in perspective. They are alot of fun when you slow down and take a minute.
Ryan had a good day today. The gym teacher emailed back, and with further discussion with Ryan I learned that he had not been asked to sit out, another child had. So it was someting he saw that made him sad.
Charlotte was noted to have more energy at school today by her teacher. She was definitely tired by 7 though. I love watching her with the other kids. How they ride together on the trikes and just run. There is so much laughter outside. the wind blows the leaves down and the kids are building and playing games and running. Some of the nursery kids are trying out the unicylcles, Charlotte likes the trikes, rollerblades and a whirly ride. I'll have to post a picture sometime. She's pretty good at it. She's so confident. One of the things I love about the school is how confident the kids are.
A box of books came for the kids today from Grandma and Grandpa as did a compass. Ryan was wearing it tonight and he drew a compass rose on a picture he was making. The kids talk about wanting to see their grandparents alot and for some reason, Charlotte keeps asking questions about Grandma Pat. It seems like she is trying to organize family and friends. Alot of her questions center around that.
No comments:
Post a Comment