Ah, Sunday. A day off. Greg and the kids kept busy. I literally spent 6 hours holed up in the den writing an 8 page paper on two nursing theorists. But it is done. The APA check took nearly as long as the paper--I do it myself, I still haven't looked into a program for it. The kink in my shoulder is still there. On the plus side, Greg was great about keeping the kids out of my hair. So I surfaced at 3:30 and realized I hadn't been outside. Went out, Ryan requested a leaf pile. It was small, the trees are still holding massive amounts of leaves. We have a million acorns. I mean really, many many many acorns. If they all sprout tress we'll have to move. I don't even know how I will get them allout of the grass. Anyway.
Ryan did his homework tonight. The desk we bought him ages ago, the one in my room until this afternoon that I used for my makeup (it's a kid-sized desk and I used it whenever I put on my make-up--picture that!) is now back in his room per his request, so he can do his "practice homework." I pulled out Everything Your First Grader shoudl know and started thumbing through it. I wanted to find something for him to read to me. We found a section on rhyming. I said a word and he came up with one that rhymed..he asked to do it again and again so he could come up with different words. He read some nursery rhymes and wanted to keep going. I am always tickled when he does that. Charlotte recites the rhymes from memory--I asked Ryan to read Old King Cole and Charlotte spouted it off-word perfect. Had no clue she knew that. Greg wasn't surprised. He said we've been reading them to her for awhile. Where have I been?
Ah! Almost forgot. Greg and the kids surprised me with a birthday cake today. Yes, my bday was 2 weeks ago, but we never got our own cake. Greg and the kids made it while I was contructing sentences containing the words "expanding consciousness, angular view and noetic loci" If you want to know what they mean, come with me to school! It was a delightful surprise.
Soccer season is done. Swim for Ryan starts. Charlotte starts her dance class on the 27th. So we get a little breather.
No comments:
Post a Comment