It's official, at 3 we have to turn her off. I mean, really, she just gets fried. Quiet Sunday today. I went to Williams-sonoma to get my BD gift--thanks AJ, for the gift card!! And when I got home, we loaded the crew and bikes for a ride down at Carillon. Absolutely gorgeous--this is why we live in Ohio day. So when she gets fried, she gets pissy--awful word, but there's no other word for it. There are tears, pouting, boo=boo lip and dark looks under eyebrows. And everything sets her off. Mental note: cannot skip quiet time even if they have played quietly most of the day. Also need to consult child rearing information. I'm sure this is normal, she's probably even normal, but I need sage advice so I can appreciate what she is going through--I am sure the trauma of existing as a four year old is somewhat taxing--I really don't remember. But she is a handful when like this and so far the answer is quiet time in her room.
We get drama ot of Ryan too. We are getting more resistance if our plans don't mesh with his, because, as you know, the world revolves around him....
He read "Are you my mother" out loud in the car and was thrilled, mostly by the number of pages he read. He spelled out the words he didn't know--about a half dozen, but did great! Newest thing learned, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, if you don't, I don't care, i'll pull down your underwear." Charming isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment