And it really feels like Sunday. So I am glad we have another day home together. July 4th was great. We went to Bds Thursday with Greg's parents and some friends, we were hoping to let the kids run in the fountain but it was a bit chilly....in July. then I remember we were wearing jackets on the 4th last year. Saturday was interesting. Because Ryan is in summer t-ball, he and the other kids in YMCA programs were invited to walk in the parade. We showed up a little early to decorate bikes and found our seats along the street. While waiting, the sky held it's promise and unleashed a magnificent downpour. No thunder or lightening, just rain and more rain. The grandparents took to the car while Greg, the kids and I waited with the other kids and parents. We watched the parade and we jumped in after the DARE truck. Charlotte bugged out because of the wet and stayed with the grandparents. Ryan proudly rode his bike and managed to wave a few times--as it continued to pour. Greg and I were soaked. We collected our free frosites and lunch from Wendy's and headed home. I took a nap. We had a laid back afternoon. Greg's mom suggested we celebtrate Ryan and George's birthday since they were leaving Sunday. So she put a cute pirate cake together and presents were passed around. Ryan got an excellent Lego castle set. Legos are so different from when I was his age!
The kids were able to stay up for fireworks. We walked over to Community Park East and joined several hundred others. It was a huge crowd. They had a live band and some food stands. I guess the band started at 6. We set up our chairs and the kids put on their ear plugs. Ryan covered his ears most of the walk over. Several people were setting of fireworks around the neighborhood. After asking us for the fifteenth time what the noise was, Greg and I gave up and told him exploding cucumbers. No really, we were patient and told him just about every loud noise he heard tonight was going to be fireworks. Well, once the kids got their glow in the dark bracelets, we settled down to wait. The show started and it was a doozie. Great show, really altogether. Ryan kept his plugs in and Charlotte covered her ears. No crying or hysterics at least. Charlotte ended up in Greg's lap. But it was a beautiful show. Charlotte fell asleep in the wagon on the way home. It was nice to see the fireworks together this year.
Greg's folks fly home in the morning. We are wrestling with when and where the next visit will be. Airline prices are prohibitively expensive when you have family on the other side of the country. We did smores tonight and played BINGO and Ryan's favorite UNO. We have agreed to play until he wins a hand. I was up 5 games yesterday. Hello to all of our out of town friends--have a safe trip home!!
1 comment:
I watched mia take her first step, read about max seeing wall-e, saw new pics of wilson, watched charlotte's haircut, and read about lori's exciting trip to Oklahoma. thanks. jo
Post a Comment