Saturday, June 28, 2008

The floor has won

I give up, I throw in the towel. The blasted $!@#&$& floor in the basement will have new tiles put down and NO! all the adhesive isn't off and NO! I am not going to seal it. The $#&#*$ tiles are going down tomorrow and the rest of the crap will be installed this week, if Mr. Pratt can make it. Went to Home Depot to rent a floor stripper to get the rest of the $#(Q adhesive off and was told, i don't want that, I want a gel adhesive remover. Also, if the adhesive is black it may contain asbestos. Too late--and no the adhesive was white so my lungs are safe from that. Advice : Never read the directions on the can. "Use in a well- ventilated space, preferably outdoors" I am in a basement bathroom with no windows. "Avoid contact with skin--chemical burn may result" Yep, know what that feels like--baking soda killed it. "Wear protective eyewear due to fumes". The 5x5 area has been alot of work and I will not subject myself or my family to anymore caustic shit. Okay. Better now.
Greg came home from his trip early (hooray). Ryan graduated from safety village. I have film footage of him shouting every answer--he did pay attention. We went to the Air Force tattoo last night to see some of the planes flyover. We could only stay until 9--I had homework. It drew quite a crowd and we saw several planes pretty close as they flew by. I got my wish TSA tonight and am crisis call tomorrow. Must cram on homework as I work the three nights after that.
Charlotte delighted everyone by reciting back Rikki Tikki tembo's name completely and correctly after hearing it about 4 times. Wow.
My daisies are blooming. They're awesome--must plant more. June's almost gone. Yikes.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Don't suppose you would be interested in working on our bathroom? :) You are brave for tackling it yourself. I keep thinking "maybe I can do it on my own!" and then I realize that I am kidding myself.