Saturday, July 19, 2008

Charlotte's haircut




Charlotte's long wavy locks are no more. She has been asking for a haircut for several months. At first I thought it was because we got our haircut at Miss Wendy's and she felt left out. She did fuss with the knots. Over the last several weeks she had become more emphatic and sure. We discussed the cons of her hair getting cut--no more buns, ponies or braids. She chewed on that for a week and said that was okay. The final big gun was when I told her I would be sad if she got her hair cut. She reached out, patted my cheek and said "don't worry mommy, it will grow again and you'll be happy.." I swear it's true! So we made sure how she wantedit cut, like Saleh's she said (Carter's little sister). So we went to Wendy thursday and stunned her with our request. She sputtered, 'are you sure? Does Greg know, is he okay with it?" Her hair really had gotten long. Greg asked that I bring the camera and save hm a lock of hair. She had about ten inches worth, so we are donating it to Locks of Love. I thought Charlotte would balk once her ponytail was cut, but you can see she was quite happy. And she continues to be so. She really likes it now and I still double take--it really is my kid! Now she asks if I am happy and I reassure her that I am and that she is perfect however she cuts her hair!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful girl she is, and how grown up Ryan is looking! (Max, Mia and Wilson's grandma)