Sunday, July 27, 2008

Homework



"Mommy, when can I do homework?' Ryan asks with a grin. "Do you want to do homework?" I ask. "Yes, when can I start?" So off he goes to quiet time with some Kumon books and a pencil. I am not sure what he did during quiet time but the fact that he wanted to do homeowrk was refreshing and a little funny. I hope he keeps that attitude.

Today we rode the Huffman Prairie bike trail. It was 3.5 miles long and we went to the end and back. Ryan did wonderfully on his new bike--was in front most of the time. Seeing the railroad tracks up close was truly a highlight for him. At the end of the trip we decided he needed a Camelbak. He is quite proud of the little backpack Camelbak we got him at Dicks. This is Charlotte's last season in the trailer. She rides hunched in it with her legs curled up. I imagine she'll be cycling next summer, at least a little bit.

I gave Charlotte my old Madame Alexander dolls and she really likes them. She laments about their lack of shoes--I lost them years ago. She still plays with the dollhouse in our room, the one that is 30 years old and most of the furniture is broken. I'll have to ask if she likes her new one, I still find her redoing the furniture in the old one.

Just found out that Charlotte was able to get into the Antioch nursery. I am thrilled. I really like the school and their schedule is much closer to Fairborn's schedule. Yippee!!

No comments: