Monday, August 22, 2011

Cookbook

I enjoy cookbooks. I really enjoy America's Test Kitchen. My mother-in-law turned us on to it several years ago. The recipes are foolproof if followed correctly--they are tested dozens of times--hence the name--but for that you get wonderful dishes. This is the latest--I occasionally thin out the collection, but the ATK's stay. They have 2 shows, America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. I DVR them both and then am gidy when I can watch! Ryan enjoys them as well. He discovered triple chocolate mousse cake and requested it for his birthday.
Like quilting fabric and sewing projects, cookbooks thrill me. The beautiful pictures with instructions promising that you too can create this mouthwatering dish:) Most recipes are lengthy and require minute amounts of ingredients that are hard to save because they van only be bought in larger quantities. But, for a free morning or afternoon, I can dedicate myself and every pot and pan I own (really, does anyone not do this?) to create a home cooked meal for my family. It brings immense satisfaction that I was able to select the best of each ingredient to create a wholesome meal. I am usually too tired at this point to clean up:) But the dishes can wait. It's time to eat!

No comments: