The difficulty of staying in one hotel room with kids is that the lights go out pretty much when they are in bed. I can't read, nevermind type in a bed. I am programmed to fall asleep there, period. So no blogging while away. It was a fast trip to Cali and I know Greg's grandmother enjoyed every minute of her 5 day long birthday celebration. We went to Cali sans Disney and Knotts this time and actually didn't have time to go to the beach. In addition to visiting with family, we were able to carve out part of a day to visit old friend about 40 minutes away. The jet lag hit all of us harder this time. We slept til 11 the first day home, the kids until almost 10 today. We will slowly roll it back but it is a struggle to keep the days easy when we can go to swim lessons at 10-we just have to get out of bed! I have bought the dreaded school supplies and after a trip to the CMC ER--yes another one, made it back to Kroger to finish grocery shopping. Ryan was complaining of sharp chest pain--he had a similar episode this spring. It faded to a dull roar but I didnt want to chance it. CMC cleared him of cardiac issues--they feel it is likely muskuloskeletal or GERD--since it is short lived and seems to resolve on its own. I just keep having images of basketball players collapsing on the court in high school. At this moment, he is sitting close to me totally engrossed in Harry Potter book 3. Watching his face is a little fun. You can read every emotion as it crosses his face. He worries and smiles and is showing almost as much dedication to this series as all of the Star Wars stuff. Charlotte is reading the Mercy Watson series and I love listening to her read aloud. She started gymnastics last week. She'll go an hour a week and the first class was stellar. They had them walk on the low and high beam, swing on a rope, learn the first steps of the cartwheel, and jump on a vault--all with close supervision:) I hope the class continues to be as great. Charlotte has bloomed more in the last couple of months, showing a creativity and bravery with her body that she previously didn't. She embraces her "homework", planting her hands on the floor and walking up the wall backwards!
I have done about 6 loads of laundry--they wait to be folded. We are slowly getting ready for the fall. I a glad that I stayed part time at the hospital. It has been a lean couple of months, but it will pay off this fall as I will be available for more stuff while picking up hours here and there while the kids are in school. I have asked the kids what they want to do for Halloween--it is time to start looking forward a bit in earnest. I must peruse girl scout training and get Ryan's soccer schedule. Piano will start up at some point. Luckily, they love scouts and piano and the sports they have chosen, so the running around is at least rewarding. Greg is interviewing, so prospects for him are looming a little brighter. I have learned in the past 2 years that one of the greatest driving forces on this earth is hope. Hope and perseverance. This may all actually start to come together!
No comments:
Post a Comment