Saturday, June 14, 2008

Root beer floats

Home for Saturday and Sunday, back to work Monday. Our half bath off the garage has a working sink and toilet (yea!) Greg is trying to install the light now. We can't find a stud to mount it on. Another hiccup in the scheme of things. We need to get a mirror and other wall fixtures. It is coming together slowly, but it does look nice. Charlotte is running across the house to use that bathroom because "it's pretty." Greg's parents are here tomorrow evening and their bathroom still has a cement floor that needs sanding..don't ask. Father's Day is tomorrow and we have been invited to a cookout with my friend Rachel's family. Father's day and Charlotte's birthday have fallen during a very hectic time. We managed to get her some neat presents and will probably have a pretty princess party at home with a few close friends (and grandma and Grandpa).

Today DLM had root beer floats. So we all went down. the kids loved the floats, not the root beer "too spicy". We recently discovered Ryan likes hard boiled eggs. He saw me throwing some in my salad at the salad bar and asked to try one. This is how he discovers most food he likes. Next...deviled eggs:) I love summertime. Gives us an excuse to roast marshmallows and hot dogs. Play baseball and frisbee and just overall have a good time with the kids. The butterflies have been ordered and I am looking forward to the kids watching them while the grandparents are here. We also are planning trips to Kings Island and canoing. I really want to take the kids fishing.
Ryan has learned Go Fish, Old Maid and most recently, UNO. He likes to deal and I love watching him play. He is showing more interest in books. He is plowing through Box 3 of the Bob books and is quite proud of himself.

The heartache is getting worse. They are so cool right now, I don't really want another baby, but love the age they are now. I could go through another baby to get here again. Alas, the last pack and play is gone,as are the diaper bags and crib. We have very sound and logical reasons to be done, but oh, the ache.

No comments: