I like tools. I have my own stuff (and none of it is pink) and today I have a new toy he-he-heh-heh (picture Igor making that noise and you'll get a sense of my glee). Megan and Roger lent me their power washer. I was hoping to get some of the accumulated mud off the back patio. After getting it together, getting it to start ( 3 times before I figured out there was no oil in it....ooops) I started hosing off the patio. It has pleasant pressure and the dirt moved along. THEN, at one point I dropped the nozzle close to the ground and shabaam! A whole layer of muck came up and I saw the origianl color of the paver. I mean the layer of gunk is so bad I can write my name in it...with the power washer. Well, I'm all about instant gratification (I like doing dishes and ironing for that reason) I will have a ball with the power washer. You could tell I had fun today. I was covered neck down with backsplash gunk. The retaining wall has taken on a grayish, black hue--no longer- the power washer is here!
In other news, Ryan had day 2 of safety village--crosswalks etc, I went grocery shopping and Charlotte, the girls and her cousins came over to make smores. We trialed Reeses cups (apparently Ohioans say Reeses cup weird. Do you all pronounce it Reese's cup or reessee cup? I am of the latter group.) in addition to Hershey bars. I prefer the Hershey bar just because it's a classic, thought the R cup wasn't bad. So in addition to playing with an excellent toy, I got to build a fire. Overall an excellent day.
It's nearing 2, I made a decent dent in my homework.
Night,
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment