Wednesday, April 23, 2008
My friend is moving
Today i found out my friend Charlotte's husband has accepted a job in North Carolina. He starts mid-May. Charlotte and the girls will stay here thru August so she can finish up school. I told Ryan and Charlotte tonight. Ryan became tearful and said, "I won't see my friend ever again?" I reassured him we would see them all summer, "But then they'll be gone?" So he pondered this for a bit. Charlotte was worried about who was going to take her to Shelleys. I told her that she was going back to her preschool and she said Miss AJ knows how to get to the preschool so I had to call her and let her know. I told her Daddy or I would be taking her and Miss AJ would get her from time to time. Ryan wanted to know where NC was so we pointed it out on the map. He said' that's 10 hours away! We should fly there." I told them we could go visit and he wanted to know when. I told him that they needed to find a house and get settled and we needed to wait for an invitation. He thought about this and decided we needed to move there. I told him we can't move for 3 years. He did the math and figured out how old everyone will be. He wanted to know where in NC and I said I didn't know. He said "In 3 years we can move there" I said "To NC?", "Yes" he replied. "In the same town as Kristin and Kaylynn?" He smiled and said, "Yes, we can walk down the street, knock on the door, they'll open and there we will be!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, so sad, and so sweet! This move is much harder than when we came here, simply because the kids are much more aware. I was able to bribe Lovey into enjoying the idea (we can paint your room! we can visit the ocean!) but Kaylynn is much more aware that she is leaving her friends here. I'm sure it will be an ongoing conversation over the next few months.
We look forward to when you come and move next door in a few years. :) Certainly our favorite neighbors and Ant Skool have been the highlights of living here in Fairborn.
Much Love,
C
Post a Comment