I'm not a purse hog or anything. These last few years of slight frugality have curbed my desire to collect more stuff (except some books!) My quilting material collection and Boyd Bear collections lay there, waiting, nothing new to add. And purses, well, let's just say I love to look, but I do have a few diehard favorites. For the second year, Megan and I made the trek to Fort Wayne to ogle the Vera Bradley outlet sale. Last year rocked. They had some great deals. Also, since Megan and I live a city or 2 apart now and both have bizarre schedules, our time together is very very limited. We talk to each other almost daily, usually on our commutes to work. So it was with pleasure that I looked forward to today. We had a few hours in the car trip up and back and we got to touch all the different bags and stuff. We bought a few things for ourselves, Megan stockpiled for Christmas, I picked up stuff for girls at work. The sales weren't as awesome this year, the crowd not quite as massive, but I got to talk to my friend (and nap in her car.)
Greg went to the zoo. Ryan's class went to the Columbus Zoo. Greg and the kids hitched a ride with Charlotte and her girls. All told, everyone had fun. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Greg and I are coming to the slow realization that spending time with our kids at events by ourselves is something we need to do. With our work schedules and our friends commitments, we want to see them, so usually we plan to go somewhere and invite others along. We hope to get some quality time with friends, but are usually distracted, so no real visiting gets done anyway. We are tentatively planning a canoe trip Sunday (weather permitting) If that's a no-go, we will take a family trip to Ikea!
No comments:
Post a Comment