Friday, April 25, 2008

It's 80

It's only 80 and we are getting hot outside. Maybe it's the way the sun hits the yard? Ryan is already pink over his arms, neck and face despite a liberal application of sunscreen every day. Hopefully he wears his hat at school. I worked last night and dozed on the couch this morning while waiting for Greg to take the kids to school and the sitters. They watched their fair share of Disney today. I slept hard until he brought them home after 3. Tonight I have been cancelled so I will get to see Ryan's game tomorrow and go to Carillon for our first train ride of the season. Greg mentioned we have to renew memberships to our various summer haunts and get our hands on the festival schedule for the summer.
I am getting more sad as we head into May. It just seems like this school year has flown. There were a few times I didn't care for the hassle of driving out to Ryan's school every day but he has done so well. I feel like I am sacrificing part of his growth by having him in public school next year because it is financially impossible for us otherwise and we'll have the advantage of it being more convenient. I'd rather drive everyday and know he is in such a rich environment. But he will do well next year at Fairborn. Charlotte will have a geat time at the Jewish Center.

No comments: