It's Sunday and we are all home with no place special to be. It's a wonderful feeling! Made waffles this morning with the waffler Ryan received from Jo for Christmas. I had hot fresh coffee and some eggs--time to watch the carbs again! The kids are playing well together. Greg slept in a little. It is very cold, no snow has melted. Yesterday was busy...Ryan's first Junior First lego League meeting followed by an art class at K12. This month's classes focus on some pottery. I am very excited about next month's as they focus on draw cartoons--Ryan loves to draw and enjoys adding conversation bubbles--so this should make him happy! After all of that we had Amanda and her two kids, Autumn and Donnie come over and hang out. Great visit. Great people!
In other news, I am taking a casual position at Bethesda North--4 shifts in 6 weeks and cutting down to part-time at Southview. B North is coming up with Epic in the next year and the nurse manager on labor and delivery knows I want in! I still owe Kettering some time (quite a bit actually) so we'll see how things pan out. If I go full time at B North I hope we can move at least to Centerville to cut down on the commute--Greg would still need to commute to Wright Patt. If we stay in glorious Fairborn, Greg has consented to send the kids back to Antioch--it would be 4th and 5th for Ryan and 3rd on for Charlotte--hopefully they will have room! You can appreciate how much of a stress reliever this is for me. We haven't told the kids and likely won't until we get closer. If we end up moving, the schools in Centerville are decent and there are private options as well. I am itching to get out of Kettering altogether...
Ryan joined Junior First Lego League--after some confusion with the coordinator, he joined yesterday. He said he wasn't sure if he could meet more new people but he is delighted after going. They learned about simple machines yesterday and he needs to get more practice building with gears. The team's challenge is something about building something to help the body move. Ryan is supposed to research tools used to fix cavities--one of several exercises the kids are doing to narrow down what they will build. We also enrolled both kids in an art program that looks totally awesome. This month they are working with clay, next they are leaning to draw cartoons with a villain theme. they meet every Sat for 2 hours. So life is busy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment