Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Job hunting--ugh.
Went to an interview at an extremely spiffy and on the ball unit today. They are so on the ball that it is actually intimidating, coming from a facility that really...isn't. Up side, it is a great unit. downside, it is an HOUR away. No shortcuts, a flat hour, mostly interstate. Plus it is a casual position with call. So I can cut back to part time at my current place and work a few days a month at the new place. It's do-able--but it already sounds exhausting. The perk would hopefully be to get on the informatics team as the hospital there moves to an EHR. But , no promises and I'm not even sure I impressed them enough. I have even applied for a position in Colorado but the manager is "reviewing my application." I may never hear back. So after being in the car for 2 hours and having the rest of the afternoon to think about it, I wonder if perhaps I am picking the hard road and maybe this whole full time informatics gig may be something that has to wait. I picked up the kids from school and realized that I really would much much rather be home. I don't really want to be a corporate mom. Finances necessitate my working now, but in another year I can go part-time at my current place. and be home more, and be available for practice and scouts and you know, living. I am more thankful than ever that I have a job--I've been looking for another and it is so hard. So for now, I'll stick with the place I know--even though it can drive me crazy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment