Charlotte started with the runny nose a few days ago and it went directly to croup. 4 am we tried the steamy shower, which after a bit she didn't like. It helped, but then it got worse- so off to the ER. Luckily no breathing treatment, just an oral steroid. She was quite chatty to the ER nurse at 0500 and he wanted to know if she had had her coffee already. No sir, that's how she is. Her runny nose is now cleared up and Ryan has started. The humidifier has moved from her room to his. He takes his cold like me. Goes right for the throat and makes him croaky. Once again, the great flu immunization debate...I have to get one for B North or wear a mask for 2 months. Will likely get the mist for the kids. Sick kids are a misery.Have to wait for the colds to clear up completely. Rained today, the snow continues to melt. It's a weather lottery every day.
The house is slowly shaping up. I finally convinced Greg to get rid of our entertainment center and just yesterday he gave me permission to get rid of our 20 year old Magnavox! So the fireplace room is the emptiest we've ever had it. Now if only I could get rid of that couch... Books are everywhere. It will be a major undertaking to go through them all and pass some along, but the shelves are overwhelmed. I have pared mine down enormously--it's mostly the kids stuff now. I no longer feel the need to buy books--I actually let my BN membership lapse for the first time in 15 years. I don't buy books anymore. Am actually looking at a Nook--I can download ebooks from the library on to it!! Greene county has quite a few, but I figure memberships toi Montgomery county and Centerville libraries will help!
I start hospital wide orientation at B North next week. Hooray! Have to spread it out over two periods since I am still part -time at the View. Can't wait to cut down to 2 nights a week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment