Friday, November 6, 2009

Sigh

I read my last post and had a quiet chuckle. It probably wasn't a week after I wrote that that Greg brought home some wretched respiratory ick that flattened him for days. He then gave it to Charlotte who gave it to me. Ryan was spared with only a cough. So Charlotte had a week off school, Greg several days off work, me off two nights. I still have a flipping cough. It's finally out of the house. Greg was tested for H1N1 and it came back negative, then we found out that the cultures aren't catching it at all and some docs are calling it H1n1 because no other flu is "out yet." There is some mild hysteria about the flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine. Mostly people are scrambling to find out where they are being given, waiting in god-awful long lines. Arguments abound about the flu mist versus the shot. Egads. I traditionally have not taken the flu shot. And I may for the first time this year. Their is a suspicion that H1N1 will be rounding again in a few months. Even though we may have had it, no one can really tell us, is it worth getting the shot? I hate that the media has this all jacked up and that there is so much suspicion about the vaccine. Our doc says that 40% of the kiddoes dying have no underlying health problems--they catch a secondary infection while their immune systems are knocked down with the flu. Oh, yay. It also has apparently peaked in our area without many places even having a vaccine to give yet. So the question abounds. to vaccinate or not. I hate this question.

I have started my last class before my practicum--project management. I like it. I liked workflows too so informatics seems to have been a promising choice:) I start my practicum in January!! The things I will do with no more school! Hmm...well, need to graduate first:)

Thanksgiving is a few weeks away. I cannot believe it. Christmas is soon too. Already picking up gifts. It is now getting dark before 6. Weird.

No comments: