Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Curious kids
And a tired mom. It is official. Working full time sucks. I always had a suspicion it did and now I know it is true. I've been on a day schedule this week due to meetings for the electronic health record implementation. I mistakenly thought I would have more energy. Uh, no. I get home and the children are bursting with creative ideas and all I can think about is dinner, homework, teeth and bed--theirs, not mine. Though, after they are in bed, it doesn't take long for my mind to drift in the same direction! Ryan wants to do science, Charlotte wants to make another tornado out of water bottles, they both want to cook. So tonight while I was warming my meal, Greg had already fed them... I challenged Ryan to spelling words while doing Charlotte's flashcards. We didn't have a book home for her to read today so we worked on Ten Apples on Top. It is wonderful watching her make the beginning and end sounds and try to put it together. I gave Ryan words he didn't necessarily know--he played along for awhile and then gave up. Curious, curious children. Tired, tired mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment