There are indeed angels.
Tuesday morning I fell asleep while driving home from work. On the interstate. I "woke up" as I approached the guard rail to an overpass. I was in the grassy median between northbound and southbound traffic. I swung hard to the right, tried to get control, spun across the three or four lanes of traffic and slammed into the opposite cement wall on the overpass. I didn't hit anyone. No one hit me. The back end of the car rammed the cement wall, not the front. I didn't break anything. I never lost consciousness. I didn't kill anyone.
I did see the cars coming at me as I swung around in that circle and for a moment I prayed, let go of the wheel and closed my eyes. I felt the slam of the car into the wall and waited for others to come as traffic came. None did.
An angel woke me up before I went front first into a guardrail.
Another cleared the way as I fought for control of the car.
Another stopped oncoming drivers.
Another turned the car where I had the most support from flying out of it. The seat jerked back, but I stayed put at least.
I don't know how it was done. I went to the ER by squad in a c-collar and on a backboard. X-rays were negative for breaks. I walked out.
So today I am awed, am still shaky, stiff and sore. And minus a car.
Today I found out I won't be cited for failure to control since I didn't damage anything but myself.
We have our eye on Kia minivan. Which is good. It has enough room for me, a blanket and a pillow. I will never drive while tired again.
No comments:
Post a Comment