It is 12:45 and the house is quiet. School for me has started and the kids are in school until a little after 3. I am learning to balance working out, napping, school and errands in the time they are gone. I have kept to working out at Curves 3 times a week for 2 weeks now. And of course, walks with Charlie. While I am learning how to slowly stretch to fill up the time, I am enjoying learning what I can do with it. There is a definite freedom with them in school all day, though I hate the school and the fact they have to go there.
Things I've learned with this time:
Mealplans for the week make life alot smoother and provide excellent leftovers!
How quickly time can go if I fill it up with many errands==drop-off, a trip to the goodwill, workout, walk Charlie and it's already 11:30! So I am spacing that out and am more patient with my productivity
Concentrate on school in the time after working out and before pick-up. Too tired at night and the kids deserve all of my attention when they are home.
Wash my face twice a day--including moisturizer!
Since they are in school, I don't have to work every Friday to cut down on babysitting. I am home 2 out of 4 whole weekends!
While I am enjoying the solitude of days home, night shift is getting harder and harder. I am impatient to switch.
The kids are moving along in school. It isn't what I want for them but there is nothing to be done about it for now. The first few weeks are always hard on me. I grit my teeth alot. Yes, they are fine. But why is fine okay?
1 comment:
Night shift would so totally suck. But it sure would beat the over $500 we pay a week in daycare. Hmmm....maybe I should change careers :)
Post a Comment