Kids have been out of school for a little over a week and we are starting to settle into a routine. It is very liberating not to have to be somewhere at 9 am or 3 pm unless we want to. We have easy days with a trip to the coffeeshop (usually), a daily bike ride, watering flowers, reading. They have quiet time around 2 (I can do homeowrk) and a movie at 3 if I have to work (this way I can get my nap). It has all worked out well. The only issue seems to be there constant proximity to one another. I suppose they have gotten used to being apart for 6 hours a day while school is in so the all day contact with one other wears on their nerves (and mine). Ryan wants a say in where we go and do and gets sulky if he doesn't get his way. We are re-visiting "meetings" and no tattle-tailing--again a result of constant proximity. Greg bought us season passses to King's Island and we have already been once. The kids can ride most everything and love roller coasters. There are a few rides where I like to keep a hand on Charlotte but she insists she is fine. Ryan rode The Beast for the first time and declared he didn't like it. It is quite jerky.
We went to Ikea a few days ago and Entertrainment Junction. On the way I had to get coffee so I pulled off. After getting my life-saving drink (I had worked the night before) Ryan recognised where we were and insisted we turn long before the GPS said to. It actually put me back on the interstate. So after a minute of driving, I turned the car around and went the way he suggested--and he was right. Brilliant and now validated child:)
We are re-connecting with friends as they have finished up with their schooling. The Greene is a favorite haunt of ours--Ryan likes the fountains, I like to sit and read and Charlotte usually ends up sitting next to me so I don't read at all. There are many free, pretty and wet places to play so I look forward to some good times with the kids. School is on-going--aiming to be done next Spring. The informatics dept is looking to expand alot this summer so I hope to be in a new position before summer's end (keep your fingers crossed!). Kids are back to school August 19--sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment