Monday, April 6, 2009

We made it!

The kids and I made it safe and sound to NC. The trip was great--the children traveled so well. Ryan enjoyed the landscape changes, from flat to hills to mountains. We went through two tunnels and the weather was perfect. Ryan also helped "find" the exits we needed. The invisible pen coloring books were a huge hit. We didn't stop nearly as often as I thought we would. We listened to books on CD, but often the radio stayed at a low hum. We had snacks in the car, no fast food stuff-thanks Greg. Two gas fill-ups and three bathroom breaks. The GPS only had an issue once--an apparent black hole just west of Durham.

So the kids saw Kristin and Kaylynn and it was like old times in no time flat. Kal is so beautiful. He cooes and smiles and loves his Mama. The Dungans have a light but delightful schedule planned, it took little time to feel at home. A treat for me was watching part (a very small part) of Transformers on the really big screen with really big speakers. The jalapeno cheese burgers were good too--we need to find a recipe for those! The kids however, did not want to go to sleep. Ryan was so tired but they were so chatty--hence the abbreviated viewing of the movie. We divided them up and they finally fell asleep. I laid down withthe kids. Schoolwork will involve a few phonecalls tomorrow and some more reading on social marketing. But it should be manageable--I just can't panic.

Near as I can tell, I only forgot the camera--not bad really. I bought a disposable to get us through tomorrow and Greg will overnight the digital.

All in all, I am glad we came. I'm just starting to realize I'm not working for a few days. I am ready to have some fun!! And we have been so welcomed.

No comments: