73 today. Wonderful wonderful.
I am looking at the sea of papers on the desk--it's not even my desk, it's Greg's but I have totally taken it over since he has the totally great and huge monitor... anyway, it's all school stuff! Journal articles and assignment sheets and books! I now know more about social marketing and radon which I suppose would be useful if I were going into marketing or environmental health. Though I suppose you could apply social marketing to teaching. That would actually be useful and maybe a little fun. Sorry, tangent. Now I have to find a place to store all of it--though the floor seems to be working fine.
In two weeks I will get my first informatics class! Hooray. I'm trying not to worry about it. I wish I had gotten some computer certifications first!
In other news. Another bike ride today. We all went on the bike path between Bcreek and Xenia. Kilkare was open so we got to see some drag races form the bike path. I always forget how much i like those. Big engines loud noise. Greg doesn't get my fascination with monster trucks or tractor pulls either. Must be the Witt coming through. Ryan was fascinated and Charlotte was content picking flowers. She sang most of the bike ride--either Disney stuff or hummed Loreena McKinnit. She is such a hoot to listen to! She kept herself completely occupied. The trailer bike is working well and she loves it.
Ryan's second tooth is growing in. When he talks I am constantly reminded of a little old man missing his partial. He has the big gap on his bottom row:)
I hounded the rescue lady again. It's been 3 weeks (I think) since this adventure started and I am ready for a dog already. Word is the home visit folks will be calling soon! There won't be any word until after that I suppose. Area breeders of AKC pups are asking between $800 and $1200 for a golden puppy. That's nice. And for everyone saying there are dogs at the pound, yes I know. The last dog lived 11 years. I liked him. I picked him out as a puppy. If I am going to look at another dog for 10+ years I want to like it too. My conscience won't let me buy one from a pet store--though by golly it sure is easier than all of this!
George will be here Wednesday! Hooray! I don't know how long he's staying. Greg may or may not have another trip after this one.
No word on the job front. I will go ahead an enroll C for public K next year. Even f I don't get a day job in the next few weeks, one could come up in the next few months and I would have to move her anyway if we homeschooled. So now I will be depressed for awhile. It was so hard taking Ryan out of Antioch. It will be hard taking C out too. She talks to all the teachers and all the kids. This sucks. Damn money.
No comments:
Post a Comment