Ryan lost his first tooth this week and it is a major event for him. He is cataloging things like, "mommy, this is my first mac and cheese with my tooth gone." Oddly enough, he didn't want to give it to the tooth fairy and actually teared up with worry that the tooth fairy would take it even if it wasn't under his pillow. It has something to do with a book he read at school. So, it is in a jar and he wants to show it to his friends. I hope they find it as cool as he does. I refuse to look at it. It's gross and I have no idea why parents want to to keep their kids teeth. EEEWWW! My friend Charlotte find it amusing that I don't do teeth. I really don't. I had nightmares about teeth falling out of my mouth growing up--I mean ghoulish horror movie gaping and bleeding. A dream book said it meant that something bad would happen. I was just glad when the dreams stopped. Anyway, if you have a wiggly tooth, I am okay not to see it. I will not help you pull it. I am feigning enthusiasm for Ryan. He has so many questions. He checks several times a day to see his new tooth and has decided he won't play football because his new teeth won't grow back if they're knocked out. I didn't really want my extremely slender kid getting knocked around the football field anyway, so for now, our goals mesh:)
My first 8 week class this rotation is done and I got an A--in case you missed the Facebook entry:) My next class opens today. I did not turn on the computer for 24 hours, read awful romance novels yesterday and pretty much relaxed and recharged. I work all weekend. I am so looking forward to my break in April. I am making a list of shows on DVD I want to rent and catch up on.
Greg has a business trip or 2 coming up and George has graciously offerred to come out an be our nanny while Greg is gone. What a blessing that will be!!
We are getting notices about kindergarten registration thru Fairborn and I am putting it off as long as possible! All day K will wipe her out--they don't do naps or rest periods. As always, the lottery remains a prayer:)
Time for pick up.
No comments:
Post a Comment