I don't follow finance much. I don't understand it and appreciate that a great deal goes on with an economy booming or crashing. As an adult, this will be my first experience with a recession. I'm not enjoying it. Today I learned I will be losing a few flourishes in my paycheck. Nothing awful. the dollars lost don't bother me as much as the fear the changes within my corporation are engendering. Kettering Health Network is a top notch financially saavy place--at least they try very hard to give that impression. We get bonuses at Christmas--small ones but hey across 5 hospitals it does add up. They're building new stuff and upgrading old stuff. They've laid people off recently. No nurses but the mood is certainly cautious. the holiday dinner is no more. If you have a spouse on your insurance and they are eligible to get insured in their workplace, you have to pay a surcharge to keep them on yours. Who thinks of this stuff? Of course, the DDN published a story about how much the CEOs take home and our network presidents $180,000 housing allowance. That helps:( The executives are not taking a raise this year. While the morale certainly takes a hit when faced with all of that, to be told that the cuts they are making are to save everyone's jobs is scary. Reality but scary all the same. No one is looking to rock the boat anytime soon. This will be the first time in my career that this is starting to hit home. We are all walking around saying "at least we can work". Part of HR is taking a forced day off every week. At any rate, it is sobering.
In better news, Ryan's first new tooth is coming in. He only checks on it about 20 times a day now. He is also the proud new owner of a Nintendo DS Lite. He has a super mario game something. He is learning how to use it and I imagine it will take awhile. It'll be a bit before he can play Lego Indiana Jones which is really what he wants! We're going very slow with it.
Charlotte mastered a headstand with some furniture support. Her trick was to show me she was eating a pepper while upside down. Pretty nifty really. She is so amazing and delightful.
Greg's intinerary has changed. I don't even remember when he's leaving now and when he's coming back. But he won't be leaving March 25!
Time to write a report about radon:)
No comments:
Post a Comment