So, today was a day I looked forward to all week. The bulk of a large paper was done, I was to leave work early last night and spend the day putting up Christmas. My school schedule has really put a dent in my free time--so no Christmas decorations are up yet. Well..best laid plans. I ended up staying thru the night at work, slept 4 (a half) hours according to Greg. We then headed out to Meijer to get tree stuff. I have never had a real tree. I am supposed to say real as opposed to live, I guess, since there is no root ball. This is a sore point for me. I ultimately want a live tree that I can plant in the spring. Since our yard has enough trees, I will wait and do that at the next house. For now I try to ease the guilt with plans of recycling the tree. So we went to a lot and picked a great tree. It was so fun going through them. Really tall ones, squat ones. I took great delight in finding one. Greg and I agreed on one as the kids ran around the field. A big open space is all it takes to keep them happy! The guys there trimmed the bottom, netted it, put it in our stand and loaded it. We cleared a space at home and brought it in. I now understand the term, "trim a treee". I did eventually trim part of it--unfortunately I realized I could do this after I had put the lights on--so a strand of lights got trimmed too. Oops. So it is majestic and magnificent and has plenty of water. I love it!!!!!
Ryan found one too, about 2 feet tall--it's adorable. The Thomas the Tank Christmas ornaments are now on it along with a strand of blue lights he picked out. The high point for him though, was picking out the star for it. He was quite dismayed I wouldn't put a star on our tree. Ours is topped with a Boyd Bear topper from Megan. It will always top the tree. So Ryan has one of his own. He named his tree too..it's Thomas.
1 comment:
Tree guilt can always be mitigated at plantabillion.com. It's a dollar to plant a tree in the rainforest. Whenever we have one removed or the kids are sad when they see one blow over, we plant one to replace the ones that died. Happy Christmas!
Post a Comment