Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Final weeks of class

I am in week 6 of 8 in my nursing research class. It is by far the hardest class I have taken. A large amount of information to read and digest and write about in a coherent manner. I guess this is what the masters is all about. I am very much looking forward to the Christmas break! I had to keep the pace up over the Thanksgiving holiday which really sucked. The instructor takes several days to get back on grades so I chew my nails (figuratively) and try to realx--what's done is done. I will be quite happy to pass with a B. I never thougth I would say that, but it's true. Some of the nurses in class hold admin positions so they are somewhat familiar with processes and know what to write. I am stumbling along as a staff nurse and often feel as if I am treading water.
Anyway.
Janet and Steve made the drive down last Saturday and stayed thru dinner and a visit after. They were in good spirits and like most of us, quite busy. Promises were made to come down for the Christmas holiday. I can look forward to that and reading whatever I want over the holiday break! Greg's folks are flying out as well and I am watching the days fly by. We don't have our twinkle lights up or Christmas stuff out. There aren't enough hours in the day!
I also saw Twilight with a bunch of friends from work and AJ. The book was better, as I suppose it often is. I can't get shmoozy over the actor that plays Edward--I'll still take Matthew McConaughey! The actress playing Bella spends most of her time looking bereft, concerned, confused..whch she is very good at and they all look the same. Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands. All in all a decent start, we'll see if they hit their stride in the next one.

I am compiling the list of books I want to read from the library. I had a few in my hand at the bookstore and put them back--hard to do, but I don't think I'll re-read them soon and we have enough.

We all have runny noses, but thankfully, nothing worse.

No comments: