"Mommy, do we celebrate Hannukah?"--Charlotte
"For God's sake!"--Ryan
"Oops, I forgot Grandma and Grandpa!"--Ryan
"Mommy, you're right"--Ryan
Keep in mind, we have had no discussions about Hannukah here.
I nearly fell over when I heard my words coming out of Ryan's mouth that way! Oops.
And Ryan said the grandma and grandpa comment in the car on the way to gymnastics--he had starting making up and singing on the spot a Christmas carol about the things he loved in the car--toys, and all of us made the list.
The last was made at Target yesterday. I had told the children that I would not be buying any toys that day. Ryan spotted a copy of "The Pirates who don't do anything" DVD. And really wanted it. I very nearly gave in. But it was $20 and we are watchng our pennies until payday so I had to tell him no--it was very hard. But then he said what he said--very grown up and solemn. And he was fine. He is growing up and breaking my heart:)
No comments:
Post a Comment