Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday July 24

Well, it is here, the much awaited day where my family can watch as I walk across the stage in a gown to be recognized for my achievements in obtaining my masters degree. Greg keeps asking if i am excited. I will be:) More preoccupied with not tripping. It would also be different if I was going home to a different job in a different place. But no moaning today!

The trip up was a test of endurance--we did really well. We left at 8 am and pulled in a little after midnight--CST so it ended up being about 13 hours! the kids slept the last two. The hotel is great--a hot breakfast! We have decided that Charlotte will be a cruise director when she grows up--the perky happy morning one. She was up at 5:30 and telling me about how pretty the skyline was and how she wished she could paint it. And as I made my way to brush my teeth, I was given a tour of the room including the closet we can all share!

Yesterday we stopped in Chicago for lunch--ended up going downtown to avoid the expressway. Downtown is just beautiful. The library took most of the city block and it was funny to see the names of places that I usually just hear about on TV. Like the Marshall School of Law(West Wing!). Deinitely worth a trip or two back. We drove through a bit of Wisconsin, mostly rolling hills nd farms. Stopped for dinner at the Wisconsil Dells wich Greg tells me is something like a playground of the Midwest. We had dinner at Denny's--don't have to do that again:) The Dells had at least two huge indoor water parks. Then I rememebr that the winters here must be quite long. Hard to imagine gobs and gobs of snow when everything is green and warm.

So Commencment is this afternoon after which we will be left to our own devices. The Mallof America is calling!

No comments: