Sunday, June 27, 2010

Once again

I keep composing my blogs in my head and then make excuses not to write them! Since Greg is taking some online courses, he has the computer in the evening and since I just finished, I have no great urge to get on the laptop! Lots to blog about though.

We are almost done with June and already we have hit the 90s on several days, been to the pool and Boomerang Bay with the kids. I really love the heat! Charlotte has turned 6 and lost her first tooth. The tomaotes have their yellow buds and Charlotte's wildflower garden is starting to bloom. We went canoeing with friends in hocking Hills, Ryan tried a kayak! We have had several nights with a fire in the firepit complete with smores and just the other night, all four if us tried to see how many bubbles we could get to connect. We have bumped into old Antioch friends and reconnected. Many trips to the library. Ryan is inhaling books. I've been sunburned twice.
It has been a fun summer so far.

So many images to carry along. Perhaps the most memorable so far was waking up in the late evening in Hocking Hills because Charlie was growling at a beastie outside. It scampered off but my eyes were caught by the hundreds of lightning bugs. The sky was clear--so many stars--and near the ground and all through the trees--hundreds of lightening bugs. It looked like Pixie Hollow at nighttime.

No comments: