Today we bought school supplies as directed from the list provided by the school's website. Nevermind the ridiculousness of the requests--6 gluesticks, 3 Expo markers and a highlighter for example, more that school is starting in 17 short days for Ry and I am not ready. Not at all. I like summer. I like having them home. This summer has flown. We haven't even visited the June pool--it hasnt been hot enough. What a weird weather summer. Barely any days above 85. Ryan has asked no fewer than 5 times in two weeks to be homeschooled and when exactly I can do it. I told him 5 years--and I'm sure he's keeping track! He has instructed Charlotte on lunchroom rules "Charlotte, when they turn off the lights, you have to be quiet" He said it most earnestly and importantly and with a little worry. We hope to have Charlotte at the primary with him--they have four K classes there and the rest are down the road--making it a bear since we are driving them. I can't even imagine C at all day school this year. She melts at home at 5 pm--and this is with no school.
We have had a kickbutt summer-- just fast.
We are at the cusp of fastforwarding through another year. Maybe that's why I dislike this time so much. For 9 months there won't be alot of time to breathe. Just schedules and tasks and places to be.
Our I just have a common mom lament. They are getting so big, so fast. They are so beautiful and fun.
The pup is working out. He is settling in and the kids are getting used to him. It is a joy to hear their giggles as they play with him outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment