Friday, September 19, 2008

WE HAVE POWER WE HAVE POWER

Between 145 and 4445 this afternoon, the power came back on. I nearly cried--really. Today is Day 6 without power. I left to pick up children and came home to a working post light. Every light in the house has been turned on. The washer is going. OMG what a relief. Ryan wrote a note to his teacher about the power coming back on. It's adorable--I'm framing it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AJ, Megan and Mrs. Dungan for a hot meal. Thank you Megan and Charlotte for letting us use your (hot) shower and home theater. The harderst thing really was accepting help from others--weird, I know--we are so used to giving, taking was harder than I imagined.

I'm sure at some point I will post more about the difficulties and delights (yes, there were a few). But for now, I am just happy.

Hugs,
Sara

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my! I thought we had it bad, we were without power from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday night (at approximately 9:40). And I thought I was feeling frazzled. Glad to hear you made it through the ordeal.