Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week 1

Week 1 at school officially ends Sunday at 1159 PM MST. Hooray! My discussions are done and my application (a paper this week ) is uploaded to the professor. I asked Greg when the band of tension across my shoulders goes away, he laughed. I had to do some massive cramming to write a 2 page paper in APA format. The formatting took longer than writing the actual paper. I haven't written a paper in 13 years. So I'll either do very well or really bomb.
I was able to stay home tonight which was nice. We haven't had a laid back Saturday in awhile. The kids frolicked in the house and even got some outside time today. It was a whopping 40+ degrees and most of the snow is melting. The bulbs are starting to push up too. I am so ready for warmer weather. Ryan found a remote controlled truck in his room today. It was a gift from Steve for his last birthday. In true monster truck fashion, Ryan soon figured out he could make it fly off the steps. This kept him busy for awhile. Charlotte spent most of her day in a dressy blue dress, a hand me down from Ava. She had to put on regular clothes to go to the grocers and to eat lunch, but otherwise she was in the blue dress. We had about four changes in clothing today--just going back and forth to the dress. We hit the shoe store. I always try to get to Stride Rite in case they are having a sale. The kids' feet have grown again-a result of feeding them no doubt. Ryan is a 1.5 or 2, Charlotte is a 12.5. They each got shoes and yes they were on sale.
The battle continues with new food for Ryan. We are down to requiring him to take a "no thank you" bite for new stuff at each meal. This is as far as I am willing to go. Today he spent an hour or so in his room for not trying his vegetable soup. He ate everything else and then was full, he said. We reminded him about the bite thru the meal and he smiled. We'll see how it goes. He does surprise us from time to time by asking for new things. Charlotte eats most things, though occasionally she'll have a light eating day. Ryan is getting hard for me to lift.
Ryan continues to discuss his plans for his birthday-he wants to make invites now, and is really getting excited about or trip in a few weeks. He wants to start packing now and leave in the morning. When told we have to work, he said we could go in the morning and come back before I go to work:)

No comments: