Charlotte and I went to pick up Ryan and Kaylynn at school this afternoon, per normal. All the kids wanted to play outside and I think it may have been a whopping 40+ degrees. I went out to watch. 1 second Charlotte is running on the sidewalk, I turn my head, come back and she is facedown, screaming on the sidewalk. I walk the sidewalk, the screams become more shrill and she won't get up. I pick her up and she has a mouthful of blood, it's in her hair, up her nose and she continues to scream. I pick her up, take her inside past many shocked faces as the screams go unabated. In the girls room I clean her off some, Chas comes and gives me some ice and Charlotte just can't calm down. I can't tell where the blood is coming from. I go out to collect the other 2, Ryan is on another playground. Chas offers to take Ryan and Kaylynn to Charlotte's. Quick check with Charlotte to make sure it's a go, then little C and I load up. She sniffles and snuffles part of the way and then starts to doze. I holler at her to wake her up (nurse training) and she cries more. I feel terrible. We make it to the ER where she cries more and won't let the nurses touch her. I ask if they have suckers, they offer a popsicle instead (brilliant) She calms down and then continues to perk up over the next three hours in the ER. By the time we check out she is quite chatty. The diagnosis: she tore the flap of skin between her top lip and gum--they bleed alot. She has a gumball sized swelling in the middle of her top lip. Motrin will help with that. Xray confirmed no broken nose. She has road rash on her nose lip and chin. Also, my white winter coat is probably ruined. Oh well. No stitches. I was very calm until the car ride home and then I was just exhausted. But my baby is okay. Thanks to everyone who offerred to help, was able to help and made everything go smoothly (Chas, Charlotte, Steve).
No comments:
Post a Comment