Yes, I am one of those people. I don't get to do it nearly often enough but if you give me an opportunity, I am all there. I am, of course referring to monster trucks and tractor pulls. I have been to 2 now (I was also once invited to Kilkare--I really need to go back). Today I got to share my excitement with Ryan. Thunder Nationals came to the Nutter Center. Initially Ryan didn't want to go, he saw a commercial and he thought it was too loud. At Greg's suggestion, I found some clips online and Ryan was hooked. We saw Gravedigger, though my favorite was Monster Mutt, when you see the picture you'll see why. Ryan took earphones, got a progam and flag. We got a Gravedigger toy at Target where they were 3.50 instead of the $15 at the show. He is now building an obstacle course and ramps for his gravedigger out of his wooden blocks. It was a good time. We left at intermission, an hour's worth was his limit. The monster trucks did wheelies, raced and generally really crunched the cars. Ryan said they "made quite a mess" It was a show for certain and I could only imagine what these folks do when they aren't traveling around. So, Ryan really liked it, I really like it and there is supposed to be a big monster jam show--last year it was in Las Vegas! I wonder if they have there every year? :)
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Thunder Nationals
Yes, I am one of those people. I don't get to do it nearly often enough but if you give me an opportunity, I am all there. I am, of course referring to monster trucks and tractor pulls. I have been to 2 now (I was also once invited to Kilkare--I really need to go back). Today I got to share my excitement with Ryan. Thunder Nationals came to the Nutter Center. Initially Ryan didn't want to go, he saw a commercial and he thought it was too loud. At Greg's suggestion, I found some clips online and Ryan was hooked. We saw Gravedigger, though my favorite was Monster Mutt, when you see the picture you'll see why. Ryan took earphones, got a progam and flag. We got a Gravedigger toy at Target where they were 3.50 instead of the $15 at the show. He is now building an obstacle course and ramps for his gravedigger out of his wooden blocks. It was a good time. We left at intermission, an hour's worth was his limit. The monster trucks did wheelies, raced and generally really crunched the cars. Ryan said they "made quite a mess" It was a show for certain and I could only imagine what these folks do when they aren't traveling around. So, Ryan really liked it, I really like it and there is supposed to be a big monster jam show--last year it was in Las Vegas! I wonder if they have there every year? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment