Monday, January 28, 2008

Ryan has a ball bat

After picking up the kids (Charlotte from Shelley's and Kaylynn and Ryan from Antioch) we went to Charlotte's for an afternoon playdate. After snacks, bouncer and play doh, Ryan and Kaylynn went out. Before long we heard Kaylynn crying and Ryan said he hit her on the face with the ball bat when she got too close. Imagining broken noses and worse, we zipped downstairs. She'll have a good bruise on her cheekbone. Ryan was upset that he had hurt her and promised to check before swinging the bat again. She bounced back pretty quick and soon all the kids were on the playset outside (we had a break on the subzero weather--hooray!)
The cat is doing well with us. So far my allergies haven't acted up. We'll see how I'm doing in a few months when he has been on the house longer. There may be a Dyson in my future! He likes to lounge in the empty bathtubs and dart outside at every opportunity (he has a collar with a bell now).
Greg is making burgers, the kids are watching Pooh and I am on my second cup of coffee since waking up at 1:30. (I love my job, I love my job).
Ryan is blowing us away with how is picking up his Bob books. What fun to watch his brain work.

1 comment:

Barbara Ann said...

This is very cool. Like being
the newspaper columnist and getting
to write about what YOU want to
write about. Keep it coming.Barbie